Thursday, January 29, 2009

5 months and counting!

Five months have passed since I had Hailey. Can't believe it!! Her developments are so fast and dramatic. The other day Sean and I were commenting on Hailey's social development. We have seen a huge difference in the past week. She is working on sitting up too. Haven't gotten it yet but soon!! I would love it if she would skip the crawling and go to walking. I want her to be able to crawl, of course, but Michael's (our huge black german shephard) hair is everywhere!! Once I vaccum or sweep, it's there 10 min. later so it's pretty much a neverending battle. I can just see it now... Hailey looks up at me and smiles with a mouth-full of black hair. Ah! Well, I guess it comes with the territory.

Hailey loves toys that have blinking lights and makes music. She also loves her Chewy... it's a zebra. For the most part she is sleeping well. Most nights she sleeps all the way through. Some nights she wakes up and I give in and feed her and she goes right back to sleep. Other nights, like last night, she woke up crying a couple times. She was laying on her back so I flipped her over and turned the mobile on which vibrates and she soon went back to sleep. She cried for not even 5 minutes. I don't let her cry steadily for more than 10 minutes.

No comments: