Monday, July 19, 2010

I think Hailey has gotten word that she is turning two. She has upped the anti on her temper tantrums. Oh my! We are focusing on being consistent with her even when we are in a difficult place to discipline (Walmart) or putting her in time-out is going to make us late getting out the door. I was in Walmart with her the other day when she was being disobedient and a girl walked by with her boyfriend and said "See that? That is my worst nightmare!!" I thought well, yeah, no parent wants this but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Since we are in a bigger house, there are more places for Pedro our cat to run and hide. Hailey is obsessed with Pedro and will walk around the house saying "Kitty, where are you?" Oh it is so adorable!!

Magnolia Park is a great place to take the kids or for a family picnic. They have peacocks there!! We took bread and fed them. They are friendly and very used to people. They also have volley ball court, 3 or 4 playground sets, soccer field, basketball court, picnic tables and lots of tree coverage (this is important cause it is so hot outside!).

Sean has a wonderful opportunity this week to serve at the FCC summer camp at Orangewood Church. He is doing the worship set for their chapel. This came about because Sean was invited to speak at a high school FCC group where he also played his guitar and sang and the President of the FCC for our area happened to be there.

Looks like it will be August 20th that I will have Aiden!! It isn't set in stone b/c my doctor's office will not set the date until I am 36 weeks pregnant but he put the date in the computer and said that it definitely won't be later than the 20th b/c he is going to be out of town. The next few weeks are going to fly by and before I know it, we will be announcing the birth of our little Aiden!

No comments: