Friday, July 11, 2008

The Ultimate Dog Gladiator Challenge!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit! It's just so darn hot out there. When I come home I try to get my chores done so I can just veg on the couch! (and chow on the ice cold watermelon!!!)

My mother-in-law is getting me a pedicure this weekend! I just can't wait!! The other night I was attempting to pretty up my feet, sitting on the edge of the bed, kinda twisted like was the only way I could possibly reach and then I got the hugest braxton hicks contraction.... I was stuck!! Lol! I wasn't going anywhere. Luckily Sean came in and saved the day.

I know I promised pics here soon... they are still in the works. The nursery has to be straightened up some more and I'm getting pregnancy pics done probably in a week!

Update on Hailey:
My stomach has gotten bigger... if you can imagine. I think Hailey sleeps when I sleep or I'm just a very, very hard sleeper cause she doesn't wake me up moving around at all. No complaints... I'm very happy about that! Now, if I can only get my bladder to cooperate then it will be all good!

My friend Stacey who is a labor and delivery nurse said last weekend that Hailey was about 4.6 lb. and was head down! I like to hear that she is head down cause I definitely don't want a breech baby. Just as long as she waits until after Aug. 1st I'm happy!

I'm just so excited to be able to see her soon and to hold her. I feel more motherly instincts coming. I'm not nervous at all about becoming a mom. I know that as she grows, Sean and I will grow and learn.

The animals:
Many have asked how we are going to deal with the animals and Hailey. Especially huge Michael, our german shephard. We think Michael is going to react well... being protective over Hailey. We are only concerned because he is so big and goofy that he may accidently hurt her when he gets too excited. For the first part we are going to keep them separated and of course whenever Hailey is on the floor, Michael will be put away so no accidents happen.

Skittles on the other hand is a different story. I am concerned at how she is going to react to Hailey. She has been quite stubborn and aggressive lately. She started chewing up my clothes when we aren't home!! So we started locking her up in the kitchen with Michael. Then she figured out how to climb over the gate, so I put her on a leash and tied it to the table in the kitchen. Then she wined so long and loud that it was bothering us and our neighbors. We left the gate up and backed up two dining room chairs to the gate so she couldn't climb over. We thought "Ha! You can't get out now!!". Oh, but we were wrong, so very wrong! We came home and she was out yet from what we could see, the gate was still intact and the chairs exactly how we left them. How did she get out?! The pieces of chewed up gate on the kitchen floor was the first hint. Yes, she chewed a hole thew the gate!!! The darn little dog was so proud of herself too. Ugh. We have since gotten a very high metal gate... THE ULTIMATE DOG GLADIATOR CHALLENGE!! Muahaha! Tune in next time to see what happens!

No comments: