Saturday, April 12, 2008

22 Weeks and counting!

The baby now weighs almost one pound and measures nearly 11 inches, and is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed. Although she's getting heavier every day, her skin still appears wrinkled because she needs to gain more weight. The lips are distinct and the eyes are formed, though the iris (the coloured part of the eye) still lacks pigment. The pancreas, essential in the production of hormones, is developing steadily. Even this early, the first signs of teeth appear in the form of tooth buds beneath the gum line.

So Sean is in Chicago at an expo with work. He said this morning that it is snowing up there. It's been weird not having him around but I have stayed pretty busy. My sister spent the night last night and today I went to the Taste of Oveido with a couple friends. Very hot but so much fun! I'm cooling off at home for now then I plan to detail my car and add some things to the baby registry. Then Sean comes home tomorrow afternoon!!

As far as baby preparations, we need to begin to clean out the computer/music/massage/storage room for Hailey. I'm not sure where we are going to store things but we will find a way!!
We are also trying to finish up the remodel on our master bathroom. Then clean up the courtyard in the back along with repairing the fence. Oh my... so much to do!

Tata for now! Thanks for reading our blog!

No comments: