Thursday, July 23, 2009

Walking, talking, clapping and diaper rash!

Hailey has her first diaper rash. I let her go around the house twice today naked (she didn't make a mess!) to let it dry out. I have been putting cream on it too. Poor baby! It looks like it hurts.

Yesterday my grandmother passed away. This was my dad's mom. Please keep my family in your prayers. It was not a surprise as she has been ill for quite a while. We will miss her. She was the glue that held my dad's side of the family together. The next few months will be challenging.

Hailey says "duck"! She was in the bathtub holding the duck and repeated after me everytime I said "duck". Then she got out of the bathtub and was playing with Skittles and she started clapping! I am SO proud!!! She walks all of the time now and long distances. She still crawls but not a lot. Her favorite thing to do right now is to put her bracelets on, grab as many toys as she can hold and walk around the house.

I think Hailey is the best baby in the whole world! She is so easy!! I am amazed at how obedient she is. Most of the time, when I say "no touch" she lets go. It really seems that she wants to please. I sure pray it stays that way!! She barely fusses and is most of the time ever so happy. I just can't complain. She has made everything so simple. We have a crazy schedule sometimes and she just goes with it.

We think Hailey is a lefty. I am. =o) Only time will tell!

No comments: