Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crazy, I know!

Hailey refused to eat dinner tonight. The rule in our house is that she will not be getting something else to eat if she doesn't eat her dinner. (We leave it out and offer the dinner to her later) We worked with her and did all sorts of things to entice her to eat but failed. So we had her sit at the table, fussing and all, until Sean and I were done eating. Sean let Hailey down and she walked over to the time-out corner and sat down. Ummm.... what??? I whispered to Sean who was facing the opposite way of Hailey and said "She is sitting in time-out." He said "But I didn't say anything about time-out." "I know!" I said. We let her sit there for maybe 30 seconds and then Sean went over there to talk with her and give her a hug. It was just darn cute! She is a quite obedient child most of the time but I must say her obedience has been upped a notch the past few days. I don't know what it is but I like it!

PRAYER TIME
Hailey will now repeat after us when we say something. Yesterday at dinner Sean had her thanking God for the food. Then he said "God, I love.." and Hailey said "God, I love.." Sean said "You" and Hailey said "Mommy!" It was so cute I just couldn't help but laugh. At bedtime we say prayers too. She did the same thing but said "God, I love... daddy!"

ROUTINES
Hailey now has a pillow in her crib with her. She lays on the pillow, gets her blanket put on her just right and lays her bunny, glow-worm and dolly on the pillow next to her in a line and they have to have some of the blanket too. :) She likes to share.

FUNNY THINGS
Hailey drank from my water bottle at the dining room table when she was coloring and it dripped on the table. Not a lot of water, just a few drops. But she says "Messy! Messy!" Then she took her hand, rubbed the water around on the table and said "Water bye bye!"

Hailey loves her baby Bible. Her favorite pages are the baby Jesus page and there are a few pages in it with fish. She turns to them so much that her Bible automatically opens to those pages!

No comments: