Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finally, BIG watermelons!!!




Publix has big watermelons for $5!!!! They are SO good! I bought one yesterday and my second one today. It is so much fun digging through the pile and finding the "eat me now" one. I felt so bad but today this one in the back was just calling my name so the manager crawled back there and got it for me! How kind!


I found this picture.... is this really possible? In fact, it is! The Japanese farmers wanted to save space for them on the fields and us in our fridges. They figured out how to grow their watermelons in a square. Don't believe me? Check out this link...



http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/east/06/15/square.watermelon/index.html





Look at the cute things that can be done with watermelon... this is watermelon dippers!









A poem I found:


Running errands and talking on the phone, I am pleasantly reminded that I am not alone. Little tiny hands a precious rounded kneepushing and twisting that no one can see. Oh sweet child kicking up your heels, it is our little secret that only I can feel. I look forward to your birth, when I can kiss your skin, but for now I will just smile, As I feel you play within.





Hailey:



Hailey has her days where she is quiet and they times when she is just having a blast. I sat down to type this blog, she started doing flips! She gets the hiccups a lot too. My mom (Nana) was rubbing my stomach earlier today and Hailey came to the front of my belly and pushed. It was so cute. It is neat to see how she responds even from inside the womb. On Thursday I was in a Microsoft class all day and very bored. Hailey was moving around so I started playing with her and she kept me quite entertained! We played patty cake!




I have had an issue with the cats getting in Hailey's crib. I heard cats don't like foil so I put foil in the crib on Friday and when I came home from work, I found one spot where you can see that the cat landed and then jumped straight out! Lol! I wish I could have gotten that on video!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of growing watermelons into cubes, Jamie and I were at EPCOT last weekend, and they were growing pumpkins in the shape of mickey mouse (like the face and ears :) Pretty neat, huh?