Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hailey is 8 weeks old today!

I can't believe Hailey is 8 weeks old and how much she has changed since she was born. Even in the past week she has developed so much. She smiles and Sean and I when she sees us. It feels so good!! She coos more and more. It seems that she passes the rooting stage a lot and goes straight to crying. So I try to predict when she is hungry and go ahead and feed her. That is going quite well and keeping her happy. =o)

Hailey still isn't on an exact schedule yet for the day time. It depends what time the day gets started and she sometimes doesn't really take a nap or sometimes takes a couple long naps. I'm not sure how to get her onto a schedule. But I don't want to be really rigid with a schedule either. Just have an idea of how things are going to go and so she will know too. Our night time routine works well though. I feed her, swaddle her and rock her. Most of the time when I sit down to rock her, she knows it's bed time so she starts squirming and crying. She cries for a minute or two and then suddenly, it's like a switch, she is asleep. It's so cute!

Hailey is stil sleeping through the night with one exception. The other night she fell asleep really early and I didn't get to do the "top off" feeding so I expected her to wake hungry during the night. She woke at 3 AM but after I fed her for like 10 min. she went back to sleep.

This morning Hailey burped and coughed at the same time. It made her jump and her eyes got big! Lol! The other day she farted and it scared her. Yesterday I took her to one of her grandma's houses and dropped her off so I can go to work. It was the first time I have dropped Hailey off somewhere. It was difficult but the work day was so busy so it went by fast. Hailey's Mimi said she was terrific.

Yesterday was also Sean's 26th birthday! Poor Sean, it was such a busy work day and then he came home to change and go to youth group. I plan to give him a great relaxing weekend... well deserved!! =o) Sean also didn't get to open any presents on his birthday which I feel bad about. I was going to get him a bearded dragon but when I took him to get it, he decided he wanted to wait. Well, my present plan was busted then and I had to find something quick. I absolutely couldn't find anything at the mall. Hot Topic is normally an easy place to get Sean something but when I went in there, Hailey hated it. First her eyes were big. Then her face started to look pouty and then she started to cry. As soon as I left the store she was fine.

Sean's parents got him an iPhone but he has had that a few weeks now. My sister ordered him something and I did as well which isn't here yet. My parent's got him something but he has to wait till he sees them. It's like a prolonged birthday!

No comments: