Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We're back!

We have settled back home from our trip to NC. It was just almost NC. Right on the very edge of Georgia. Hailey did absolutely fabulous on the way there, while we were there and going home. There were a lot of challenges though... 1. Packing. How much baby food and diapers do I pack? Am I forgetting something?! 2. Being able to travel in timely manner yet change diapers and nurse. 3. The pressure on Hailey's ears as we went up and down the mountain. 4. Finding our way on the mountain. 5. Taking care of Hailey amongst chaos and other responsibilities on the retreat.

I got car sick.... bleh! I haven't been car sick in a really long time because I found if I sit in the front seat, I'm fine. One time, I sat in the back with Hailey to give her juice as we went down the mountain (hoping it would help with her ears) and it only took a few minutes for me to start feeling sick. We got all the way down the mountain and Sean had to turn back around. Oh my.... I forgot how terrible car sickness was! Luckily, Angela had told me about a pressure point on the wrist for nausea. I pushed the point the whole way up and I think that is why I didn't blow chunks. As soon as I got to the house, I fed Hailey and went to sleep. My dear husband made sure Hailey got to bed and then stuck around, missing the arcade, to make sure I was okay.

Sean thought he was getting away from work for a few days.... haha. We accidently busted a pretty large hole in the wall at the home we were at. It was a complete accident while playing a dancing game. One of the guys fell and then tripped over the fireplace and a huge black bear stool. Sean worked his drywall magic and Adam painted. It looks pretty darn good I must say! Good job guys!!

Oh, and some of the girls and I got locked out of the house up there. Friday most of our group went whitewater rafting. Three of the girls stayed with Hailey and I to go horseback riding (Hailey and I didn't ride though). We left after the whitewater rafting group. I closed the front door and then thought, I need to look around for a key to lock it. Well, evidently the door automatically locks itself. This is a good thing because I don't have to worry about someone getting in while we are gone but how are we going to get in when we get back??? Eeek. I put in a quick call to the Shaws but they were already rafting. When we got back from horseback riding, it would be hours before the rest of the group comes. We ended up lifint one of our girls up to climb onto the porch and she was able to get in one of the doors there. Whew! Otherwise we would have been stuck outside for almost 4 hours with a tired 10 month old!

Sean and I were saying that the youth retreat was successful if just one youth got closer or came to know God. Luckily, it was more than just one! Our prayer is that a lot of seeds were planted and/or watered and there will be fruit from what God did on the youth retreat. !

No comments: