Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Booty Traps ........ That's what I said booby traps!

Well I can say that Kim and I ( Sean ) are very anxious for Hailey to decide to unveil her presence upon our world. Kim has been hardcore nesting, and having me do all the little honey-do ( NOW ) tasks around the house. About 2 weeks ago she asked me to save all the soda cans I get and give them to her. I ask "why?". "To make something!" she replies. I think "don't ask don't tell" and grant my dear love her request.

Last night around 6:00 p.m. My out-of-body, change the world, end world-hunger session of creating music was interrupted by the metallic sound of nickles, dimes, and quarters being rattled around in various brands of soda cans. I walk out to the kitchen to find that along our kitchen counter tops is a ( very meticulously ) thought out line of coin filled soda cans, and Kim was tieing them together with yarn. I slowly ask Kim with intense curiosity what she is doing? She turns and gives me the Kid-caught-in-the-cookie-jar-smile, and says "I'M MAKING BOOTY-TRAPS!" . I laugh at the goonies reference and tell her she means booby traps right? She says right on cue " dats what I said booby-traps!". She was making booby traps for our cats that will not stop jumping on the counters. She was to cute and told her i hope they work, as we tried going out the door for errands.


Long story short! We came back home to find the cans tied up and lain all across the floor in a path that leads to the cats favorite hiding spot when something scares at least 3 of their nine lives out of them! We have not seen them on the tops since! So, all that to say! Hailey If you don't come soon; I'm in fear for my life because it's a matter of time before your anxious mom sets up a BOOTY-TRAP for DADDY!


2 comments:

The Heuslein Family said...

Hee hee, that was a really good idea!! If you hang onto the booby trap it might come in handy during Hailey's teenage years :)

sunnybeachgirl said...

Too funny! May be you could bobby trap my freezer... I'm make'n way too many icecream trips!
I'm coming to O-town this weekend (Thursday - Sunday) and I'd love to meet Hailey... no pressure! =P
- Lishia